Traffic Revision: Stadium Way Restriction
WSU officials will establish a temporary “restricted traffic zone” on a section of Stadium Way from Grimes Way north to Orchard Dr./Colorado St. during home football games 2.5 hours pre-game until up to two hours post-game. Vehicular access to this section of Stadium Way will be restricted to emergency vehicles, transit vehicles, stadium support vehicles and vehicles displaying disability permits for the purposes of dropping off persons with disabilities.
The restricted traffic zone is being established for the following reasons:
- Improve pedestrian safety and access for large volumes of game patrons crossing Stadium Way to and from Martin Stadium.
- Consolidate the flow of exit traffic from campus side streets and parking areas into more manageable and predictable patterns.
- Increase the availability and visibility of transit as an option for getting to and from the game.
- Create an opportunity to improve perimeter control and security of Martin Stadium.
For the most enjoyable experience, plan to arrive early and take advantage of the activities planned for each home game. Follow this link for more information on Game Day Events.
You CAN avoid the traffic altogether:
check out the FREE Game Day Transit.
Important Travel Routes
Suggested Travel Routes for Entering and Exiting Pullman
Travel to/from Spokane and areas north:
- Via Highway 27 (Grand Ave. in Pullman)
- Dry Creek Rd & Trestle Creek Rd both connect Hwy 27 (Grand Ave.) to Hwy 195 north of Pullman & Colfax
- Entering/Exiting Pullman on Hwy 27 will avoid backups on Davis Way (Hwy 270) and on Hwy. 195 between Pullman and Colfax
Travel to/from Spokane and areas north, Seattle, and Lewiston and areas south:
- Via Bishop Blvd. and Hwy. 195 & Hwy 27 (Grand Ave)
- Utilizing Bishop Blvd. will bypass backups in downtown Pullman and on Davis Way
Travel to Spokane and areas north, Seattle, and Lewiston and areas south:
- Via Main St. & Old Wawawai Rd.; Travel west on Main St., continue on Main St. past Grand Ave., turn left on Old Wawawai Rd to Hwy. 195
- Utilizing Old Wawawai Rd. will bypass backups on Grand Ave. and Davis Way
Other Suggestions for Exiting Pullman
The following are travel altenatives to reduce the congestion exiting Pullman via the traditional route on SR 195 to Colfax.